October 29, 2011

Get prepared

Thas what dropped into my spirit today. Sounds woo-woo, but I'm a believer so, yea lol. Sooooo, let me go ahead and drop in my fertility eating plans so I at least know where to go when I need to be reminded.

I'm a planner by default and a preparer anyway but this motherhood thing is like THE tallest mountain. Like, tryna fathom bringing another human being in this world through my body is THE most surreal, out of this world thing I can imagine. But yet, I am SO ready to do it.

So, here I am, on the cusp, as it were. We aren't ready to start trying TONIGHT (well, he is but I aint lol) but like i said, I need to get ready, cause hey, I cant plan EVERYTHING. ;)

My usual diet is pretty clean in that I try to limit processed foods, IF im in the grocery store, I shop the parameter, but I usually shop at the farmer's market and straight from the farm. I dont subscribe to the ever popular Lipid Hypothesis, so i eat pretty high fat, including lots of animal fats. So for the fertility eating, its very high fat, very fish rich, organ meat rich, rich in general because basically I am building the nutrient stores that my baby will conceive and begin grow in.

Preconception care and planning in the US is just starved (literally and figuratively) but if you look to any other country and traditional culture in the world, they do THE MOST to prepare a couple to conceive including saving some of the most sacred foods for them to eat in order to conceive. Those foods include foods from the sea, organ meats (think liver, heart, kidney, etc), and full fat dairy and eggs during the high grass season in the spring. Some cultures would not even let a couple marry until this particular time of year JUST so that they could be shored up with eating these things in time to marry. Even if the tribe was land locked, they would travel and barter and negotiate with sea faring tribes for the coveted seafood.

So I am MOST definitely gonna get my eat on. Along with creating a great environment to creating a baby, some lifestyles changes will also help. Of COURSE keeping fit is numero uno behind a great diet in building a healthy baby as well as keeping my health going once I do conceive. SOOO many women either dont work out or STOP working out once they begin TTCing because they been told or believe that that would hurt the baby. NOT SOOO! I can go on about this but, keeping fit is KEY (also, Kegels are not the end all, be all, ladies). Also keeping stress down (you got to pray just to make it today! lol), minimizing environmental toxins (Mr. Clean is NOT the business!), and possibly taking supplements (prenatals are ok, but are mostly peed out lol. Whole food, slow releasing supplements are a bit better.) are also super important.

Anywho, here I go, here's my eating plan on the road to TTCing:

homemade chicken broth daily
homemade milk kefir daily
green salad w/veggies with plenty of EVOO (for vitamin E) based dressing daily
chicken liver mousse (shouts out to Julia Child) at least twice a week
coconut oil fudge piece daily (yum!)
fermented Cod liver oil daily (at least a teaspoon)
Brazil nuts ONLY 1 or 2 each day for selenium
Lemon juice, fresh squeezed, 1 tsp. in every glass of water or smoothie (cleansing and ph balancing)
Raw local honey, 1 Tbls at bedtime.
1 egg a day at least (WITH the yolk, runny please, yum!)
Red Raspberry Leaf Infusions, 1 cup per day.
Nettle Leaf Infusions (i'll probably change this to Red clover once ready to conceive), 1 cup per day.
Wild Alaskan Salmon, at least once a week.
Sardines in olive oil at least once a week
Oysters at least once a week
Fresh clams at least once a month
lots of grass-fed butter (preferably raw)
lots of grass-fed cream (preferably raw) - can you say ICE CREAM! lol
lots of raw milk
some grass-fed cheese (preferably raw)
consume salmon roe at least once every couple weeks
sweetbreads (organ meats) when I can
grass-fed/pastured meats (beef, chicken, pork, lamb, turkey)
filtered water

Some environmental/lifestyle changes needed are
GET MY BUTT BACK IN THE DANGED GYM! lol - if i do this right, I can be gorgeous in time for bikini season lol
Epsom salt baths for the sulfate once a week
filtered shower and bath tub faucets
daily prayer/quiet time
magnesium supplements (supposedly also reduces body order and deepens your sleep!)
folate supplement (cause i know im not gonna eat perfect)

Ok, so I think thas it, as far as the road to motherhood goes. I hope I can incorporate all of this and keep it up until we are ready to try! (hopefully by this time next year, yikes! lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment