October 15, 2011

Im back!

So yea, the 30 days of blogging didnt work out, i guess i just need to get in the habit of blogging period, so maybe I will do that at another time.

At any rate, Ive been kinda in the rut as far as my baby bucket goals....i mean, ive been working on my business, but not really, i havent been tot he gym since before my last post (boooo!) and i havent started my sourdough starter (looking to start this weekend).

But say all this to say, hubby basically is like...baby ready. Basically, he let it be known that he's waiting on me. So now what do I do? Its like i get reminded about this every few months and then i feels like my life is NO WHERE NEAR READY.

But really, the only thing I want in place before a TTCing for a baby is getting my business profitable. I NEED to know that I can make my own money because ONCE I become pregnant, i fully plan on leaving corporate america. I cant imagine being pregnant, let alone the dreaded 1st trimester!, and dealing with stresses, frustrations, and silliness of working for someone else. I KNOW that people all around the world do this all day everyday but *I* dont want to be one of them lol. There are/were pregnant ladies in my office, hell im covering for one right now until she returns from maternity leave. There have been an odd amount of preterm and even STILL birth going on and i wonder if our work environment has anything to do with that. My job SAYS that they support families, but we JUST got a dedicated lactation room and there is still no real maternity OR paternity leave...you just have to take short term disability (since when is birthing a child a disability?). Then once they drop the baby, they get bothered here and there while they are out on maternity leave and more often than not, these women come back early out of fear or...whatever from leave only to plop their beautiful baby at home with whomever or in the nearest daycare to start the hectic life of juggling corporate america and family life (cause the two SUCK in America at blending well). There are some that do this dance seemlessly and every parenting while working choice has its advantages and drawbacks, I just so happen to like the drawbacks of being self-employed better than working in corporate america.

Sooo yea, here I am, broody with nowhere to go, lol. I gotta get in the gym, i gotta start eating better, I gotta relieve my stress and I gotta become profitable at my biz. That is the order for the rest of 2011. Hopefully, this time next year, we will have a lil mtoto hanging out in my belly :D

No comments:

Post a Comment