September 22, 2010

Trying new things

Soooo, how about i got stood up this past Monday night on my first weeknight out in years!? lol It makes me laugh but it wasn't as harsh as it sounds, but lawd.

So my coworkers are heavy into the whole "Hey, let's go out and do this, this and this." type thing. I've never been one to hang with coworkers outside of work, basically because i feel like i spend way too much of my life at work, so why would i wanna HANG with the very people i see everyday, all day, right?

BUT, these coworkers are generally a little cooler than those in the past, so i figured WHY NOT. I had a coworker ask me out to hang at a local blues/soul food spot here in town and i figured I would take her up on it, especially since the cover charge was cheap, lol. So i get all gussied up and head out to the spot, feeling all proud that im essentially now up past my lil bedtime to go have a good time with my coworker in a new spot I could eventually bring hubby too.

I get there in GREAT time, had a real easy time finding the place and even got a decent parking spot (there was only street parking).

Now, background is needed here....my phone all day that day was dying and needed to be charged. So, after i got off work, i promptly plugged it in, because since it was dying, i was unable to save my coworker's phone number in my phone, but she tried to call my phone anyway, so i could at least have her phone number for that night. Bet. I leave for the place, my phone is all charged up, but what i did not know was that even tho my phone is charged, you have to turn the "radio" on, so that it reestablishes its connection so you can call and text out. I didnt realize this until i got to the spot and tried to text the hubby that i made it and it told me the radio was off. Ok cool, turn the radio on. In floods these text messages from my coworker basically telling me that her friends flaked on her and that we would do the blues spot another Monday. But how bout the texts were sent literally MINUTES after i had arrived at the place! lol So i hit her back on some, Im here, what's up? She feels bad and offers to come out herself anyway, but i tell her not to go through the trouble, it was late and i would just roll home. As a consolation, she bought me breakfast the next day. That was decent of her.

So yea, that was the exciting start to my week. I feel like an old empty nester or some such who hasnt been out in years and got stood up by her younger, hipper coworker, lol. In the back of my mind, i think i got stood up because I let her know that i dont drink. I mean, i'll sip on some wine here and then, but, nah, i dont get down alcohol wise. She literally gaffawed at me and asked if I was allergic, lol. So yea, me thinks that she wasnt siced to hang out with a square like me, lol. Im prolly putting too much on it, but yea, lol.

At any rate, today is hump Wednesday and im hyped, because i have my own 3 day weekend this weekend. Im taking a sick day from work on Monday to visit the old hoo hoo doctor ...the gyno, lol. Im way overdue, but yea, its not pleasant and i have too many sick days, so i figured hey, take the day off, do it up, lol. Ima try and pamper myself the rest of the day and errything.

Plus, i need this weekend to retool my goals. Summer is FINALLY over (not that i hate summer or anything but its been a suckey one for us this year), Autumn is officially here (er, well, at 11:09pm tonight it will be here lol). I got some folks i need to touch base with, i have some real foods to reup on, and if i have any funds, i need to get on buying me some weights as we sold ours (yea, it was a BAD summer :^\ ).

Theme song for this post:

No comments:

Post a Comment