June 10, 2009

ACK!

Aight, i TOLD ya'll i suck at this blogging thing, but ima get better, I promise *puts hand on her heart*

So anyway, I've been dealing with that dreaded, green-eyed monster called....jealousy. Blah. Its SO unlike me. Where'd it come from you ask? Well, i found out a good friend from my recent past is newly pregnant with her and her hubby. I am utterly THRILLED for them because they are such good people and i really do love them dearly. HOWEVER, i think it hit me so bad because...well...she reminds me of me, lol. We are a lot alike in the way we think, act, our lives are sort of similar, etc. On top of the new pregnancy, they just bought a new place (something else hubby and I are working on). So, yea, tho I am happy for them, i did get jealous.

There is just so much to DOO though, i have NO BUSINESS being jealous. Plus, i know that the reason grass seems greener on the side is primarily due to the all the -ahem- fertilizer that was applied to it, you know what im saying? Everything goes through something and im sure that they went through their trials to get to where they are.

But Lord knows *I* can hardly wait to be at that place in my life. It seems SO far away. And i dont make it no better by visiting parenting sites, subscribing to blogs and vlogs about pregnancy, babies and parenting. I mean, i am learning a LOT (at this point, i probably know more about pregnancy, childbirth and babies than most parents out there lol), but I also recognize that it can be a way to "measure" myself up against other people and that's not good.

I try to remind myself that one day I will look back and WISH I was in this place...no kids...no pets, noone to take care of but myself, lots of sleeping in and relaxing and coming and going when i please. Sigh. So WHY do I want to give all of that up?

1 comment:

  1. I'm really bad about that too... But it's getting better lately. It's initially hard when my friends first tell me they're pregnant, but then it subdues, I think of things I can do that they can't or won't be able to soon... haha. It's sad, but it helps me cope!

    ReplyDelete