June 30, 2009

Aaah, another holiday looms...

Welp, the 4th of July looms every nearer and well, hubby and i have NO PLANS whatsoever. A three day weekend allll to ourselves *imagines my future mama-self wishing she could go back to being present-me*

Is it bad that im really happy i have the freedom* to do what i want, when i want especially during the holidays...but when the holiday actually gets there, I wish I had my own family to share it with? Its a strange dichotomy to live in, you know?

Any holiday that comes up, i get a giddiness that hubby and I will share in slept-in mornings in bed, eat glorious food the way we want and laze the days away and then popping up for our patented late night runs to get junk food. Cant do that with a baby in tow, now can we?

So WHY am I daydreaming about us having kids around whenever a holiday comes around? I visualize us experiencing the holiday through their eyes...taking them on cool discovery trips out of town, waking them up early to fix them a bountiful breakfast, eating good foods throughout the day and then feasting like giggling pigs for dinner, dressing them up in the finest holiday fare and just watching them take it all in. I cant have both, right?

Sometimes i think, cool down chick, this may be the last such and such holiday you have alone. That gives me peace for like, 5 minutes, lol. I dont even know what im being impatient for! lol

At any rate, im just going to imagine that this very well be my last 4th of july pre-kids and that my future mama-self is FIERCELY jealous of present-me right now lol.

Have a safe weekend, everyone!

*there's no real freedom cause we're broke, so we couldnt go out and do anything we wanted even if we wanted to lol

No comments:

Post a Comment