October 16, 2012

Entering my Jesus Year (33 years old)

So...in less than a half hour (as Im writing this), I will be turning 33 years old.  This, in recent pop culture is being referred to as "The Jesus Year".   I like this term and I find it endearing because I can identify with what its supposed to mean.

I feel like Ive been in this weird limbo.  Not happy with where i am, knowing what I dont want from where Ive been and knowing what I have to do to get where I believe Im called to be.  People have been blogging and taking their Jesus Year in various ways.  The shared theme is that your Jesus Year is the time to manifest what you are....and what you are supposed to be doing with your life.

This is me.  I am bursting with changes that I need to make in my life and up until now, Ive played with it.  But now is really the time to manifest.

And this is with everything in my life....business wise, financially, relationally, spiritually, mentally, physically, everything.

A little bit earlier tonight, I asked myself just what and where do I want to be exactly one year from now.  I thought about it and all the while, I kept telling myself, "This is possible, it is ALL possible."  I have to stop thinking the things I want to birth in my life are most likely not going to happen.  They can happen just because I WANT them to happen.

I've written them down.

I've visualized them.

I've spoken them out loud and to others.

I've planned for them.

Now its time to make them happen.

So yea.  This is my Jesus Year.  I welcome it.  I'm thankful God allowed me to see it.  I'm thankful that Jesus took his own "Jesus Year" seriously.  I want to do the same.

Ok, so I know that anything I plan for can and will change but this is where and what I want to be exactly one year from now.

-fulltime real estate investor

-still happily married to my husband

-newly pregnant with our first child

-all debt paid off

-have celebrated our 9th anniversary in Anguilla

-celebrating my 34th birthday in a posh hotel either in our home city, a chocolate city (Atlanta?), or island (PR or DR?)

-own a puppy

-have a thriving container garden

-still volunteering with the club

-completed(ing) a permaculture design course

-be at least on intermediate strength for lifting

This is kind of a short list, but yea.

*deep breath*  My Jesus Year starts now.

No comments:

Post a Comment