July 17, 2011

Spotlight on baby bucket list item: Launch business

So I figured that since I put up my baby bucket list, i could elaborate on the things that are on the list and why I included them.

So the item that I am spotlighting today is launch my business. To me, this is one of the most important items on my list....in fact, its one of the requisite items there. I'm not going to go into what my business is (if you wanna know that, im blogging about it here) but instead i want to talk about why I deem it so important.

So yea, i included launching my own business on my baby bucket list primarily because I want to be a WAHM (work at home mom)...and moreover a WAH family. I dont want to have to deal with paltry maternity leaves and expensive daycare and being sad all day at work while i miss my baby and hoping that the daycare provider I hired treats my baby well while Im away and having to choose between my career and family all the time and on and on and on. I am very much a proponent of doing for yourself instead of flitting from job to job hoping that someone else will pay you for the lifestyle you want.

I want to be able to create, maintain and pass on a legacy to my children and hopefully grandchildren and to me a job does not do that. My views may seem particularly strong on this issue because other than being on my baby bucket list, launching my own business is just one of my life goals, period. I guess I just feel particularly resentful of the whole go to school, get good grades, graduate college, work a job until you die (cause there really is no such thing as retirement from a job) paradigm. Its been proven over and over that it doesnt work and I want to show my children better things (this commercial illustrates the way i feel perfectly lol)

So yea, if you'd like to hear more of my beautiful rantings on that you can visit my other blog, but that is why I have it on my bucket list. I'd like to have it up and running before we TTC so that should we be so blessed to conceive sooner than later, I can leave my job. Also, launching my business is a huge part of my financial preparations for having a family.

What are your financial goals for TTCing? Are they included on your baby bucket list?





No comments:

Post a Comment